Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stick a Fork In Me Because I'm DONE

Today was GRADUATION! It feels so good/weird/relieving/exciting to be done. Most of my family was able to come. My parents, Anni, Kirk, Halle, Wayne, Connie and Jennie were able to come and support me. I was lucky enough to receive The Outstanding Family Life and Human Development Student Award so I had to sit on the stage! Here is a pic that Trav tried to get of me on the stage. It's blurry but I still like it :)






With my fam! I am so grateful they could come! I am proud of all my siblings because now that I am graduated we all have a Bachelor's Degree!

I was so grateful to have Trav's family come too! I am so lucky to have such a good family that cares about me.
I am really glad to be done, but I unexpectedly got sad after I received my diploma. All I have ever known is school (minus my semester off so I could heal). What will I ever do without homework?! But I will miss all the friends I have made in my classes, learning new things everyday, applying what I have learned in class into the real world, and my favorite Professor, Shawn! I'm sure it will really hit me once Travis goes back in the fall. Hopefully I can get a real job in the real world! Cross your fingers for me!

10 comments:

Kylie and Drew said...

Congrats, friend! I'm proud of you :) And jealous...but I am determined to finish one day too! :) If you get too bored you can come play with me and my newborn that I'll have soon. Or you can babysit?? Haha..

Stef Thacker said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so cool! look at my super smart friend go!!! :) I love ya, and I'm so proud of you for all the awesome things that you do! You are such a great example to me! I Love you so much!!! :)

Burlene said...

Whaaaa hoooo! Good job Ali! Proud, proud day girl!

Leslie Moon Face said...

You smarty Pants! Of course they'd pick my brilliant best friend to sit on the stage! But I agree... It's scarey... We've been in school since we were 6! weird. Love you! Congrats on your big day! I'm sorry we couldn't be there but happy you had so much support!

Sorensen's said...

Congrats Alison!

Jessie said...

I'm so proud of you Ali! Congrats! And we are so sorry that we couldn't be there, but we were thinking of you. Now the fingers are crossed that you'll find whatever job you are looking for!

Anonymous said...

Great job Ali! You should be so proud of yourself, we sure are. It was way fun being with you guys Saturday. What a great day. Have fun in NC!
Love Ya,
MOM J

Unknown said...

This is so exciting! We are proud of you! Don't worry, you will find lots of other things to occupy your time now that school is done. Good luck finding a job! See you in like 2 DAYS! YEAH!!

Kirstin said...

Glad we were there! Congrats. Yes, now you will find plenty of things to occupy your time, such as telling people to leave you alone as they continuously bug you now to get pregnant!!! He he he. I really do hope you can find yourself a full time job that you love!

Eva said...

Yay Alison!!!! You look hot in a robe by the way ;) he he.... My husband and I will both graduate from Westminster this year but our graduation isn't until the end of may, but I can't wait!!! And yet, it truly is bittersweet ;) Much like high school graduation...only we'll be making better money :D