Sunday, April 1, 2012

This is What Happens When SUU Gives You a Free T-Shirt Everytime You Turn a Corner

When Travis and I came to SUU nearly 4 years ago, we each bought an SUU t-shirt because we wanted to fit in and show some school pride. Almost immediately after we felt like the biggest idiot's because we realized how many free t-shirts SUU is willing to give out. One at the beginning of each year, homecoming, one for the end of the year, and on and on and on. It doesn't help that I was over Orientation for a few years, and Travis as an athletic trainer for 2 years. Our t-shirt pile kept growing and growing.
As I've been getting ready to move (which I am actually getting really really sad about) I realized I will not want to wear SUU shirts nearly as much as I do now. Duh, red Fridays. My awesome Cedar Best Friend, Erin, (don't worry Leslie, you have not been replaced) helped me make this t-shirt quilt! 7 squares by 7 squares, and we STILL each have a stack of t-shirts to wear!! (OK, OK, there are a few Snow shirts in the quilt, but it is dominated by red and white). It is sooo warm and I will have an awesome reminder of the great time Cedar and SUU has been for me.





8 comments:

Tam said...

Love it! Such a great idea!

Jarrett Fam said...

That is soooo cute!! What a great idea and alot of work. You will enjoy that for a long time. Your giving me an idea for the stack of jeans I have.
See ya soon
MOM J

Heidi said...

Awesome idea! I wish USU did that ... Rob has a few Wellness Ambassador t-shirts that he has, but it's nothing compared to what you guys have!

Alyse said...

Love that!! I've thought about doing that with high school stuff that I haven't really touched in awhile! Seeing yours has inspired me.. Maybe I'll get to it :)

Leslie Moon Face said...

That's Awesome!!!!! Not only am I jealous because this quilt is huge and warm, but because you get stacks of free t-shirts. Free t-shirts bring me great joy. AND Thank heavens I haven't been replaced! Erin, I'm watching you...

Michael and Cassie said...

Such a good idea!! I love it!

Hilary Obzansky said...

This is awesome, Ali! Such a good idea. I love it!

Stef Thacker said...

AWESOME!!! That is ALOT OF T-Shirts! Way to be tall and suu AMAZING!!