Sunday, April 17, 2011

2nd

I must be pretty good at being a second counselor because I will just called to be the second counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. I was so surprised. When I went to see the Bishop on Tuesday, I figured I was getting an "easy" calling like visiting teaching supervisor since I am already the YW Camp Director. WRONG. When I was called to be second counselor for Young Womens I was excited. I felt like I knew exactly what to expect and what to do. I have NO IDEA of what I am expected to do for this calling. I am excited because I know that I am about to grow so much, but I am also really nervous. I know that Heavenly Father wants me to be in this calling and that there is a purpose why I am here, so I know that he will help me along the way. The other ladies that I will be serving with are so awesome! I don't know them very well, but in the short time I've been with them they seem really in tune with the spirit, and funny! The Pres. and 1st coun. are older and they are always cracking jokes so I am sure that we will get along really well and have a blast while doing it. Let's see what Heavenly Father has in store for me :)

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Awesome! You will be fantastic. :) I'm kind of nervous for what my next calling will be. We've been in the Primary for two years now. :)

Burlene said...

Congrats!! You will be awesome, Heanvenly Father definitely knows what he is doing. Keep your perfect faith.

Paige said...

That is exciting!! Congrats!! You will be soooo great!! :) Love and miss you guys LOTS!!!!

Unknown said...

There is always a reason for everything. I know you are the perfect person for this calling. Good thing they have a young buck in the pres. now to keep everything more exciting:) sorry I fell asleep in the middle of our (texting) conversation last night. But I am so excited Trav is graduating - that is a huge step in your lives! Proud of both of you!

Leslie Moon Face said...

You'll do so awesome!!! Yay best friend! how crazy!

Jessie said...

Ooh! Congrats Ali! So is that the Enrichment Counselor? Or is it Education? (Each ward does it differently.) You'll do great!!!

Holly said...

That is so awesome!! That was my calling in our last ward and I LOVED it!! So fun. You will do such a great job!

Eva said...

You're so wonderful Alison you'll know just what to do. Counselors are such a blessing for a president. I don't know what I'd do without mine, they help alleviate and support the weight of responsiblity to the Lord that I feel. You're one of the most supportive people I know, so I'm not surprised :)

Missy said...

Ali, YOU WILL BE FANTASTIC! When Luke and I were at Utah State, I was the 1st counselor in the RS. I learned so much about the plans that our Father in Heaven has for the women of this church. My testimony of VT, service, and RS grew tremendously. That is a hard, but incredibly rewarding calling, lady. Pray for guidance and listen to promptings and you will rock that calling!