Friday, February 8, 2013

I'm taking the Plunge

I am going to grad school! A friend I had at SUU is in the program now. I ran into him on campus back in November and he told me that he thought I would enjoy the program he was in. I told him I would look into it, but with the intent that I would not apply. (Ever since I graduated, I have been hearing non stop that I should go to grad school. I work in Higher-Ed so of course that is what I will hear. I've wanted to, but as I looked into programs at SUU nothing seemed to fit. I didn't want to do a program that I was going to hate. When I started at the U I looked into programs that interested me, but there is no way I would be able to finish them before Travis finishes, and who knows where we will end up once he gets a job. I had kind of given up on the idea and thought maybe I would do grad school once all my future kids are grown up.)
Everything fell into place as I was looking at it and knew that this was going to be the next step in my life. I can do the program part-time so I can still work full time (thank goodness! especially since I have almost hit my year mark so we can cash in on half-tuition for Trav) and the best part is I will graduate the same semester Travis does (May 2015)! Ok, the real best part is the courses I get to take. As I look at what I will take (almost) every class looks so interesting, and I can't wait to start! I want to take all of them the first semester!
I am nervous though. I'm afraid I have forgotten how to do homework in the 3 years since I have graduated (it took a lot of effort and way more time than it should have to sit myself down to write the 3 admissions essays). But I am so excited and know that this is what I should be doing! I wish it was May already so I could just start!!

6 comments:

Alyse said...

That's awesome!! I want to go to grad school! It will have to wait a bit, though :)

Jessie said...

I'm so excited for you! You'll do great!

Heidi said...

You rock! I think I might be a little jealous. But not really when i think about the homework. ;) You're awesome, miss smarty-pants!

Unknown said...

Congrats Ali! You'll do great. It doesn't take as long as you think to get back in the swing of doing homework again:)

Candy said...

That is amazing! We're sure you will enjoy it. There's nothing quite like learning!

Heidi said...

You go girl!